Re: GSoC 2012 - ORG application deadline

On Tue, Mar 06, 2012 at 10:54:17AM -0800, Robyn Bergeron wrote:
> On 03/05/2012 11:43 PM, Buddhika Kurera wrote:
> >Dear FPL and the Board,
> >
> >The deadline for GSoC 2012, the organizations to apply for the GSoC 2012,
> >will be on 9th March 2012.[0]
> >We have no less than 3 days (may be 2).
> >At the moment the Idea page[1] contains around 8 projects (number will
> >be increased) with some
> >mentors and supporting mentors[2] who would like to support the program.
> >
> >A draft organizational application[3] can be found.
> >
> >Can the Fedora Project apply for GSoC 2012, the board not yet approved !
> Hi Buddhika,
>
> IMO - this isn't really something that the board needs to bless.  You
> have a reasonable group assembled, if you guys are comfortable with
> proceeding in terms of the participants and consensus on the summer
> coding mailing list, then go for it.

+1 -- if you have the people to make it happen, make it happen.  The Board
seemed all in favor of Fedora participating in GSoC at the last meeting
provided that there was someone who was willing to take charge of it.  From
the discussions I've seen in the past week it seems that's been taken care
of so go ahead.

-Toshio