Re: FUDcon Board Meeting

Hi guys,
sorry I missed the call/IRC :(

----- Original Message -----
> In attendance at FUDcon: Toshio Kuratomi, Christoph Wickert, Jon
> Stanley, Jared Smith, Peter Robinson, David Nalley
> In attendance via phone/IRC: Rex Dieter
> Not in attendance: Jaroslav Reznik, Rudi Landmann, Guillermo Gómez
>

> == SOPA ==
>
> Proposals:
>
> 1. Change the front page with clickthrough with general position on
> Jan 18th.  2 for - 5 against.
> 2. General statement to announce + ticker tape linking to statements
> til the end of the month on the front page. +7
> 3. Do Nothing - obviated
>

> Proposal 2 approved.

Ok, agreed.

> Jared to write statement to announce and arrange for ticker tape.
>

> ==French Community Domain==
>
> they want to have fr. fedoracommunity.org pointing to fedora-fr.org
>
> approved, no dissension

Agreed.

> == DuckDuckGo proposals: ==
>
> 1 - ship search engine plugin
> 2 - default for the above
> 3 - use ddg for start.fp.o as well.
>
> Proposal: 1-2 is a maintainer issue - please file in bugzilla. 3 is a
> websites issue - file on their trac.
> The board itself has no opinion on the matter
>
> approved - no dissension

Does this mean Board approved it to be take into effect as a policy or
it's more "file bug and if maintainer feels it's ok, do it?".

I like the idea of open source friendly search engine but I see a a few
issues with it - see my comments to Mairin's post.

> == Fedora Council Discussion ==
> non-elected group with membership from all projects within Fedora to
> improve collaboration. Christoph asked for feedback

Christoph, could you share your proposal. For me it sounds like some black
magic for now :)