Re: Difficult to find information about how Fedora is governed

On Thursday, March 10, 2011 06:51:28 pm Jesse Keating wrote:
> I recently got an email from an individual who was frustrated with
> various things, and one item that was clear to me was that the
> individual did not know where to bring some the concerns up.  It
> appeared that they did not know how Fedora was governed or that there
> were contact points for higher level project management.  I wanted to
> point out to him where he could find this information only to discover
> that it was not easy to find from fedoraproject.org.  The best I could
> do was the About Fedora page (http://fedoraproject.org/en/about-fedora)
>   which has a small link to the wiki Overview page
> (https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Overview), but neither of which talk
> about our governance model.  I think our governance model is something
> special, something that sets us apart from other projects, something
> that makes us "Different".
>
> Not only should this detail be easy to find, it should be somewhat
> prominently displayed for anybody who's going beyond "where can I get
> the bits" to "how does this project work?"
>
> I believe the individual that contacted me would have been far less
> frustrated if he had been able to find info about our board, and this
> list in particular, so that he could being up his issues in a relevant
> setting and not get turned away repeatedly from the various other
> contact points we do list at fedoraproject.org.
>
> Beyond the general statements above, I do not have specific suggestions
> on what content should be up there, although I did speak briefly with Mo
> and she has some ideas she'll reply with once she is no longer traveling.

Hi Jesse,
you're completely right but I think the problem #1 is - we currently don't have
answer (yet) neither. At FUDCon we spent almost two days discussing governance
structure. Some notes from this session you can find here [1].

But more visibility of Board can be done now and I know we are failing here -
but we are getting better - Fedora Board blog (mostly for Board meetings minutes
for now), public Trac... I think it's still not enough, so my personal goal (and
the goal #1) - help myself and Board to communicate better to the public.

Thanks
R.

[1] http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Board/Possible_Future_of_Fedora_Governance
--