Re: Criteria for Escalation of a Secondary Arch to Primary Arch

On Tue, Feb 1, 2011 at 8:58 AM, Chris Tyler <chris@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Greetings!
>
> I would like to ask the board (in consultation with FESCo as
> appropriate) for to develop guidelines for the escalation of a secondary
> arch to primary arch status. Obviously, there have been situations where
> demotion from primary to secondary has occurred, and at this time there
> are no secondary archs in a position to be escalated to primary arch
> status, but it would be useful to know what criteria would be used to
> evaluate such a proposal.
>
> I recommend that some combination of...
> - maturity/completeness of the secondary arch effort,
> - installed user base,
> - current hardware availability,
> - downstream interest, and
> - preparedness of infra to handle the arch
> ...be utilized as the criteria.
>
> Thank you for considering this request--

I started working on this two months ago[1] and have a proposed set of
criteria.  There has been, uh, "limited" feedback though.  I think we
should come up with a set of criteria on the secondary list and then
present it to FESCo.

josh

[1]  http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/secondary/2010-December/000100.html