Fedora Board meeting secretary HOWTO draft - please review

Hi,

I don't know how useful most of this will be to folks outside of the
board but I don't see that it has any sensitive information in it so I
thought this would be a better place to send it than the private board
list.

During the last board meeting we talked about making blog maintenance
and IRC meeting moderation something that was handled by the board
meeting secretaries. As of late the IRC minutes haven't been posted into
our wiki, only phone meeting minutes. The documentation needs to be
updated and improved so it's easier for new board members coming 'on
board' (haha) to figure out what they need to do when they come up for
secretary duty.

I wrote up a couple of howtos, one for serving as a secretary for a
board phone meeting, and one for serving as a secretary for a board IRC
meeting (the latter based on Spot's draft IRC board meeting protocol
[1]).

Let me know what you think and I suppose the next normal board meeting
(where we're not meeting with FESCo or FAMSCo) the board consider
approving it so I could publish the text to the real page:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Duffy/Board_secretary_howtos_draft#Secretary_HOWTO_for_IRC_Meetings

As part of this I also created a board meeting minutes template, so if
you have any ideas/feedback on that I'd greatly appreciate it:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Board_meeting_template

I think getting these things like minute-taking and minute-publishing
right is really important to ensure the board's transparency and also to
make it easier for community members to understand what's going on
without requiring unreasonable effort. This also adds blogging to the
standard board minute publishing procedure, since we've received a lot
of positive feedback about the blog posts.

Thanks,
~m

[1] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Board_public_IRC_meetings