Re: SQLninja denial

On Monday, November 15, 2010 05:46:25 pm Máirín Duffy wrote:

> On Mon, 2010-11-15 at 11:39 -0500, Eric "Sparks" Christensen wrote:

> > Basically we are protecting ourselves from hackers that can't build

> > from source. We are also preventing IT professionals who want to just

> > yum install a package instead of taking the time to build from source.

> Are there IT professionals who use SQLninja?

Admittedly not ever consulting as a security expert, but an IT professional nonetheless, I have used the tool once; against a test-instance of a MSSQL server to show-case how well the level of trust placed in this technology was justified (e.g. not at all).

The customer decided to then continuously run tools like SQLninja against the database server in question in an attempt to better secure it.

-- Jeroen