Re: Fedora Calendar

On Wed, Sep 8, 2010 at 5:35 AM, Mike McGrath <mmcgrath@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Tue, 7 Sep 2010, Stephen John Smoogen wrote:

> On Tue, Sep 7, 2010 at 19:43, Jon Masters <jonathan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Hi Folks,
> >
> > Do we have a global ICS, Google, or other Calendar export available for
> > all Fedora events, meetings, test days, and so forth? If not, why?
>
> John Poelstra has been keeping an ICS calendar. ICS being such a
> lovely standard though may show up completely different in google,
> apple, evolution, Novell Groupware, Zimbra etc. I know
>

> Then Infrastructure is looking at standing up a zarafa for calender so
> I would aim questions more at Infrastructure than the Board.
>
> > I started keeping a separate Google Calendar for myself with Fedora
> > meetings in it, but I'd love to see an official one. Then it would just
> > be a case of magically seeing all meetings in my phone, etc.

Up and running in staging, working on deployment soon:

https://admin.stg.fedoraproject.org/zarafa/

       -Mike

Hello to all!

Last week I was working on automatically creating and updating an ICS file (and a google calendar) with all our weekly meetings based on the Meeting_Channel wiki page. Additionally I am willing to add all the schedules, testing days, classrooms etc.
My goal is the creation and the update of the ICS/calendar to be an automated process without any human touch.
To archive that I am using command line tools and generally bash script and awk.
I am in a very good status, I have almost finished it.

Unfortunately this and the next week I am having my college semester's exams so I will not be able to finish it.

Please advice me for continuing or stopping it.

Maybe this weekend I'll make a detailed blog post regarding the hole process.

Thank you.

~Chris

--
Christos Bacharakis