Re: Pressed media idea

On Fri, Aug 27, 2010 at 10:13 AM, Stephen Gallagher <sgallagh@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Might I make another suggestion? Encourage interested parties to bring
> (or purchase nearby) a 4GB flash drive and just set up a couple stations
> for creating their own bootable flash drive, either with the live media
> or the DVD install.

This is a nice idea but it is not easy to communicate to people who
you don't know in advance are going to come to the event. In large
numbers it is also a rather slow and cumbersome process. We had the
experience once of everyone getting a blank USB stick which they could
bring to our booth and we put a live image on it for them. The result
was a lot of USB sticks sitting at the booth and people doing little
more than putting images on them when they could have been talking to
people. So there are advantages and disadvantages both ways.

John