Re: Pressed media idea

2010/8/27 Bruno Wolff III <bruno@xxxxxxxx>:
> Personally is think this is mostly useful for rescue USB devices, since to fix
> some things you want to boot with the same arch as the OS you are fixing.
> But other people may have other reasons for doing this.

The reason we did that is because there's no way to predict the demand
for x86 vs. x86-64 media. Guessing and pressing X number of one and Y
of the other usually meant that we had spare media or unhappy users at
events. People who want 64-bit are going to want a 64-bit disc, and
folks who have a 32-bit machine can't use the 64-bit ones at all if we
run out of 32-bit.

So we opted for double-sided. They're slightly more expensive, but not
terribly so.

Best,

Zonker
--