Re: Moblin -> MeeGo

On Tue, Jul 13, 2010 at 10:31 AM, Rahul Sundaram <metherid@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 07/11/2010 08:03 PM, Paul Frields wrote:
>> I don't recall giving any advice about the use of a "Fedora Spin"
>> term. The "Fedora Remix" term is not separable, as stated in our
>> guidelines:
>>   https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Legal:Trademark_guidelines#Secondary_Mark
>>

> So, is it ok to separate Fedora and Spin?  Is there any particular
> reason why Meego spin is deviating from the naming convention?

The reason is that MeeGo is a trademark owned by the Linux Foundation,
with its own set of usage guidelines -- which is what I wrote in my
first email. We are aiming to meet their requirements because we
respect their trademark guidelines the same way we expect others to
respect ours.

Fedora spins have never had requirements around their naming other
than that their usage be approved by the Board, as a requirement for
using the Fedora trademarks.

Paul