Re: fedora community working group

On Wed, 2010-07-07 at 10:45 -0500, Mike McGrath wrote:
> On Wed, 7 Jul 2010, Rex Dieter wrote:
>
> > On 07/07/2010 10:16 AM, Paul W. Frields wrote:
> >
> > > I'm still not sold on a code per se,
> >
> > At the risk of being repetitive, let me go into more why I firmly
> > believe we need this badly.  I'd like to think that many(some?) of those
> > folks that can be coerced/taught to be community-friendly simply do not
> > know what they are doing is wrong/bad, and have no clear understanding
> > of that is expected of them.
> >
> > Yes, this could be seen as largely common-sense by some, but when it
> > comes to large communities comprised of many different cultures whose
> > primary communication channels are not face-to-face, it's often far from
> > obvious.
> >

> I'm for it.  It help set the expectations we have of everyone and lets us
> be more specific when people don't live up to those expectations.

It's only going to encourage people to game the rules. It's the same
thing they do now. Play along the borders to see how far they can push
the boundaries and then when they find a spot, push hard against and
then plead that the rules don't forbid it so it MUST be okay and plead
ignorance: that they could not have known b/c the rules didn't say so.

I'm so tired of this I can't see straight.

-sv