Re: proposal for the board: planet fedora != fedora people

On 06/18/2010 10:16 PM, Robyn Bergeron wrote:

> #3: I think the reasons for doing so are just entirely too
> big-brotherish.  Seriously: We've had issues in the past where people
> have posted questionable content - and I'll just say Nicu, because I'm
> sure he's reading this (HI NICU!) and there's no point in being
> subtle, and I think that's the scenario most people are thinking of.
> Now, I happen to enjoy Nicu's photos and content and I actively go out
> out of my way to read his non-planet postings - which are non-planet
> because someone -just talked- to him.  As a -Friend- would.

Yes, reading it but replying a bit slower over the week-end :)

Actually I went the extra-mile and moved my photography posts to a
different blog, to have complete freedom and don't be bothered about
what some or other people think is politically correct.

Actually very recently I had some highly controversial content (Fedora
related) which I was tempted to put on planet, it would have generated a
flamewar probably much bigger than this, and asked for advice from
friends in the community. The feedback was split, some said "do it",
some said "don't do", so my choice was to not post it directly and sneak
on the back door.

The truth is, I have some content which is NOT posted yet on the other
blog either, but not because I am scared by the controversy, but because
I didn't find yet a way to harmonize *that* type of content with a Free
license.