Re: Rotating team meetings

On Tue, 20 Apr 2010 21:15:24 -0400
"Paul W. Frields" <stickster@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> The Board members and I are interested in helping the project work
> toward making things better for the user base.  We discussed this
> topic at our previous meeting, and one of the ideas that came out of
> that meeting was a biweekly, rotating session, during which a
> different Fedora team representative could meet with the Board
> publicly on IRC.
>
> The Board has been conducting public meetings on IRC for some time
> now.  While we've been happy to hold a Q&A session there, it seems
> like often we could be better using that time to provide better
> coordination across teams, especially since we often have few Q&A
> topics that couldn't be answered here on the list.  I know there are
> several team leaders present on this list, so I put this question to
> them:
>
> If we set up this kind of meeting, would you be interested?  What
> would you want to come out of such a meeting?

I think it could be a good idea, and I would try and attend.

This is related/similar to a Fedora Engineering Services ticket I
filed:

https://fedorahosted.org/fedora-engineering-services/ticket/2

basically I was hoping to gather a list of SIGs that are still active
and ones that are not so active, and then get a contact from all the
active ones to write up a monthly (or whatever) blurb on what their SIG
was doing and what things they could use, etc.

Many of the SIGs I don't see or interact with, so I don't know what
they are doing or what I could help with or if I should try and point
people to them to work in their area or what.

Anyhow, I think more communication is good and support increasing it.

kevin