Re: Stable release updates vision

On Thu, Mar 11, 2010 at 14:04:53 -0500,
  "Paul W. Frields" <stickster@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>  helpful to narrow this document down into things that the Board
> statement doesn't cover, and/or desirable changes?  That would make
> them two separate but complementary documents, help draw attention to
> slight differences between them, and make it easier to call out a
> rationale for those differences.

I really like the option (in Jesse's draft) to be able to do updates where
features are added without regressions and without making disruptive changes
to a user's experience. The Board's vision doesn't seem to permit this.

Overall I think that Jesse's proposal matches what I think the project should
be doing in order to encourage use of Fedora on people's desktops. I think
the Board's vision is a bit too restricting.