Re: Fedora Board public phone+IRC meeting :: 2010-03-04 UTC 1700

On Thu, Mar 04, 2010 at 09:17:23AM -0800, Christopher Aillon wrote:
> On 03/01/2010 04:29 PM, Paul W. Frields wrote:
> > This month for the public meeting, the Fedora Project Board is trying
> > something a little different.  We'll be meeting on the phone, and the
> > audio of that meeting will be streamed to the public.  We'll also be
> > taking questions via IRC at #fedora-board-questions, and answering
> > them via audio, after completing a short agenda.  The public is
> > invited to listen in.
> >
> > There is a new meeting page found here that explains the process for
> > both stream listening and IRC:
> >
> > https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Board_public_audio_meetings
> >
> > Of course, the process is built on 100% free software, as with our
> > other infrastructure-based services.  For more information, refer to
> > the URL above.  We look forward to having you at the meeting.
>
> As a note, the audio portion seems to be failing, so we've fallen back
> to IRC meeting.   Sorry for any inconveniece.
>
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Board/IRC

Thank you for sending this note Christopher.  We made a last-minute
effort to resolve the unexpected problems we had with audio, but
failed.  We should note that in two separate meetings last week the
Board tested our procedure and it worked well.  Mike McGrath and I
(and probably others) are going to see if we can find the root cause.
We reserve the right to try again next month! :-)