Re: virtio-win drivers

Chris Tyler (chris@xxxxxxxxxxx) said:
> I see two issues:
>
> (1) Do we want to include software targeted for another OS and which
> cannot be built using our tools (e.g., Koji), as a package in Fedora?

Well, that's a tricky way to frame the question. Arguably, some of
the firmware packages can be considered software targeted for another
OS, depending on what happens to be running at the lowest level on
those boards. But I understand the intent here.

> (2) Otherwise, do we want a Fedora package (virt-install/virt-manager)
> to go and automatically grab software (virtio ISO) which is not
> considered acceptable as a Fedora package?

Only if we rename it to virteina.

More seriously, we have autodownloader now, which is both similar
and dissimilar.

> It seems to me that some of this discussion will overlap heavily with
> the mingw package discussion from July 2008 (start of thread here:
> https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-advisory-board/2008-July/msg00004.html)
>
> At present, the mingw32-* packages are in Fedora, and they FTBFS
> (http://linux.dell.com/files/fedora/FixBuildRequires/).

If I'm reading that right, the mingw32-* packages are building OK
currently.

Bill