Re: Fedora Board Strategic Working Group

On Wed, 13 Jan 2010, Colin Walters wrote:

My question would be -- why is it the Board's purview to decide what the "Gnome
desktop"'s target audience should be?  Shouldn't that be up to the SIG that
creates the spin?

A general purpose desktop image consumable is very important for the
project as a whole; I don't have any metrics to back this up, but I'm
sure it's what most of the people using the project now want.

And I think the above is where things fall apart.

You may believe what you want but given that preceding statement I believe you to be wrong.

-sv