Re: Fedora Board Strategic Working Group

On Fri, Jan 8, 2010 at 3:39 PM, John Poelstra <poelstra@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I've heard a few suggestions for holding these discussions in IRC.
> Considering that board meetings can run 2 hours over the phone on this topic
> I cannot imagine discussing these topics over IRC.  We can certainly address
> any questions or issues people want to raise at our monthly IRC meetings.
>
> == Timing ==
> o I'm looking for feedback until Wednesday, January 13, 2010.
> o Thursday to Sunday I will find out the best day and time to meet each week
> o Weekly "working group" meetings will start the week of January 18, 2010
>
> == Big Picture ==
> o A committed group of board members that are passionate about
> satisfactorily finishing the "What is Fedora" and "Target Audience" agenda
> items.
> o Provide status at regular board meetings
> o Bring specific structured proposals to the regular board meeting
> o All decisions by way of proposals are reviewed and voted on by all board
> members at the regular meeting
>
> == Framework ==
> o Meet one day each week (outside of our regular meeting) for one hour on
> the telephone

If we're thinking of this as producing something, why not try to say
create a wiki page as we work?  Or proposed modifications to existing
definitions like the first few paragraphs of fedoraproject.org.

As far as scheduling goes I'm flexible, though ideally not Thursday.