Re: "What is the Fedora Project?"

On 10/08/2009 02:00 PM, Máirín Duffy wrote:

The resulting strategy would be a default Desktop or Simple Fedora spin
being productized as the *Fedora* itself. You go to the website, perhaps
not fedoraproject.org, maybe something like fedoralinux.org or
getfedora.org or fedoraos.org, and you see a site solely focused on
extolling the virtues of using Fedora, obtaining Fedora, and getting
help with using Fedora. The platform and community get branded as 'the
Fedora community' or 'the Fedora Project' and are no longer branded as
being Fedora itself. There's a website likely fedoraproject.org (but
maybe based on Fedora Community) geared far more towards joining the
project, starting a new group or project, finding tasks to work on to
help out, filing bugs, etc. etc. etc.

This is essentially a condensed version of what I had proposed to the rest of the Board in a meeting leading up to the current push for the redesigned spins page. I still strongly feel we should do something like this and that the redesign is a right step, and gets closer but doesn't completely solve the issues.