Re: Fedora 14 (two releases away folks) Feature proposal

On Thu, 8 Oct 2009, Matthias Clasen wrote:

On Thu, 2009-10-08 at 14:33 -0400, Seth Vidal wrote:
Apropos (in a tangential way) our discussion today. And as a result of
some irc-discussions:

  Since the board  defines which spin is the default spin then I suggest
the board Make the kde or xfce spin the default spin for F14.

It won't hurt users upgrading b/c they are just upgrading.
And users reinstalling are reinstalling.

It makes it clear that the spins process is serious and f'real and it will
test how well our processes work.

And if we have stunning success then the board re-evals the default spin
again.

thoughts?

What a great idea. Lets also switch to zypper for that release. The yum
developers can just keep doing whatever they are doing...

Deal ?

I suggested the desktop spin default change b/c it already exists. No code has to be modified to go from the gnome livecd being presented to the kde livecd being presented as default.

none.

-sv