Re: Requesting a Clear ELC Proposal

John Poelstra said the following on 07/21/2009 09:17 AM Pacific Time:
I agree with Dimitris that we should be open to considering new ways of doing things and that progress and innovation often happen by getting out of our comfort zones. I also think that the board should be presented with enough information to make an informed decision. An informed decision requires specifics beyond "would the board be opposed to a particular 'idea'?"

For me I keep coming back wanting to know exactly what it is that the board is deciding and what information we are using to make that decision. I think https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/Extended_Life_Cycle is a good start, but the presentation format does not fit the context of the request (which too me is another problem)
  --https://fedorahosted.org/fesco/ticket/180
The board does not review other feature pages that are not deemed features. Why has the board been asked to review this one? This information should be in the ticket when it comes to the board in the future.

For your best shot at success (or at least to get my vote) I would suggest the following:

o Create a formal proposal (discard the feature page format as it is confusing and doesn't work for this purpose)

Just to be clear.....as a wiki page where the canonical proposal can always be found.