Re: Yet another website? (Re: [Ambassadors] belux ambassadors meeting log 15th April 2009)

On 04/16/2009 07:42 PM, Robert Scheck wrote:
On Thu, 16 Apr 2009, Christoph Wickert wrote:
Let's face it: ATM the changes have caused confusion and discomfort in
the Fedora community.

Well, that's more or less correct.

At this time being involved in several entities that have one or more fedora domain names registered, I can only say that you are not alone in your perceptions that this legal document is slightly twisting our arms as well as restricting us in translations of strings the binding contract wants to see mentioned, but...

I can also assure you that concerns raised are handled with care and that the twisting of arms as we percieve it is anything *but* deliberate and completely unintentional.

I would also like to mention that it is ultimately us that want these contracts to be signed, so that Red Hat Legal may finally act against *abuse* of the registered trademark, by sites such as the former fedorasolved.com which used to be a site with an anti-Fedora messages on it -if you know what I mean, but has now transferred in ownership to Fedora Unity.

Last I'll say in this thread.

Kind regards,

Jeroen van Meeuwen
-kanarip