Re: requesting a trademark license for our community

delhage@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

This is very disturbing to me if it's true. We have here a community
of people that are being restricted from participating in the global
Fedora community because of arbitrary US restrictions. I really hope
that we can find a way to circumvent (yes) these restrictions.

Can Fedora EMEA help here?

Will
Red Hat try to enforce the trademarks in this case? Will it use it's
legal powers to try and shutdown fedoraproject.ir? I would like to get
a public clarification regarding this issue and an explanation how two
of the four F's, "Freedom" and "Friends" are compatible with this
policy.

Red Hat is the legal entity behind Fedora and a US based organizations would have to follow laws even if it believes those are stupid or silly. I mean, Fedora would love to ignore silly software patents and include valuable and otherwise perfectly fine free and open source software. We just cannot in some cases. That is unfortunate but you shouldn't blame the messenger.

Rahul