Re: Requesting Trademark Approval for Sugar Spin

Jeremy Katz wrote:
On Thu, 2008-10-16 at 15:10 +0200, Sebastian Dziallas wrote:
as you may have noticed, the OLPC SIG has been working on a spin including the Sugar Desktop Environment. Recently, this spin has been pushed into the Spin SIG's GIT repository and I felt it was time to request trademark approval from the board for it.

I'm in approval of this, but I'm curious how it fits into the
ecostructure of OLPC and what the OLPC project itself is putting out for
images.

The OLPC project images are jffs2 and intended purely for usage on the
XO (well, or there are also the qemu images I guess).
Is this spin supposed to be used on regular hardware, or just the OLPC
unit?

It's a spin of Fedora using Sugar, much like we have spins of Fedora
using XFCE, KDE, GNOME, ...  And much like other Fedora spins run on on
the OLPC hardware, this should also.

Jeremy

Well, I think Jeremy has already mostly answered this - thanks! This is just another spin based on Fedora which now contains the Sugar Desktop Environment by default.

The user would be able to download a Live CD and run Sugar directly from a completely Fedora-based spin, since we've all the stuff now in Fedora - there are no external sources needed.

--Sebastian