Re: Elected/Appointed Board

On Mon, 21 Apr 2008, Christopher Aillon wrote:

[*] Okay it's not _that_ bad but IIRC we only had about 100 voters last election. That's a worse turnout than the U.S. presidential elections.

For comparison:

Debian Project Leader 2008 election

Total unique votes cast: 401, which is 37.302% of all possible votes

I would also like to see more people voting in Fedora's elections, especially since we don't really do official votes on all that many things. But at the same time, I think that all the various elections that we've had have produced excellent candidates and "winners".

I'm interested to see what the next round of Board elections brings. While it's true that the Board position is more strategic than it is tactical, it definitely gives people a new, unique view on the day to day operations of Fedora.

I'll have to throw it out to the various Board members we've had -- is/was it an interesting addition to the overall Fedora Contributor Experience?

--Max