Re: Proposal: Fedora@Home Project

On Mon, 10 Mar 2008, Jeff Spaleta wrote:

I see this being more interesting as a way to have Fedora as a
community interact with outside computing efforts. Off the top of my
head, let's say we had this infrastructure up and running. Could we
reach out to the blender community and work with them by offering the
Fedora grid to help render scenes of another community funded animated
film?

-jef"I hope Greg is reading this"spaleta

Greg is reading this.

But Greg doesn't understand enough to be useful. So maybe someone can draw me a picture, or point me to a previously drawn picture that I may have studiously ignored. The picture should answer these questions:

1. What does a developer need to do to make an application "grid aware"?

2. What does a user need to do to farm out activity to the grid?

3. What application could be a test case for this grid functionality?

--g

--
Greg DeKoenigsberg
Community Development Manager