Re: codec buddy, fluendo, etc.

On Fri, 8 Feb 2008, seth vidal wrote:

Specific questions to be answered:

0.  Invite the Fluendo folks to join.

This is a bad idea and it looks like collusion.

Wait... what? Explain this, because I don't see how transparent discussions about user experience equal "collusion".

It puts us into a precarious political and ethical situation. So I see
very little good from it at this point.

That's your opinion.  There are others.

2.  What improvements would we like to see in Codec Buddy and/or
codeina?

I think we probably need to consider removing it.

I think we need to keep it and make it more useful.

3.  Are there any license, legal, or "open source morality" concerns
that need to be addressed?

Yes, All of the above. Not only that but it makes it harder for us to take a stand on other issues. Like googleearth, for example.

I completely disagree with you.

--g

--
Greg DeKoenigsberg