Re: draft proposal for large additions of code into Fedora

On Tue, 29 Jan 2008, Max Spevack wrote:

We go back in time to the day when Red Hat acquired the Directory Server product from Netscape. Red Hat's intention was to (1) open source all the code and (2) create the Fedora directory server.

Keep in mind as you think about this: this is just an example to give context for the discussion. The point is not to revisit anything that was or was not done a few years ago with DS, but rather to give context for the sort of use case that we are trying to plan for.

--Max