Re: Requests to the board

Rahul Sundaram wrote:
Jeff Spaleta wrote:
On Jan 26, 2008 8:11 AM, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
It is more a question of how do you vote for someone without
understanding their ideas on various decisions being made within the board?

Okay let's take me for example.  Did you and everyone else in
contributor-space have a reasonably good idea of what sort of things I
was interested in before I even stood for election?

To some extend, yes. A platform for debates like http://www.mail-archive.com/foundation-list@xxxxxxxxx/msg02497.html might be useful here.

Do you doubt for a second that I would stop championing the same sort
of things now that I have ultimate power at the cost of sitting in on
a phone call once a week?

I might not. Others might. Nobody outside the board has much insight into what individual people within feel about specific issues. I don't think asking them all whenever decisions are made scales well. When I make specific requests to the board, I don't really know who is supporting my viewpoints or what they are disagreeing on if they do.

Aren't mailing lists/blogs/individual contacts providing enough insight? I know you are keeping an eye on them, as should everybody else who cares.

Vladimir

Rahul