Re: Requests to the board

On Fri, 25 Jan 2008, Josh Boyer wrote:

- FUDCon: IIRC, this came more from Greg than it did the board. It seems to be massively popular with those that can attend, so it's good that the board continues to have them. Eventually one will have to happen in a city away from a Red Hat main office to attract new people and prevent it from becoming "Boondoggle meet us if you can"Con.

This is the year that happens. One of our big budget requests for the fiscal year starting March 1 is to enable us to take FUDCon global, and have large FUDCon events that aren't in Boston or Raleigh.

Once all this budget gets finalized, we will be able to paint a picture for FAB of the many community-building activities that we plan to do this year and discuss with FAB the best way to implement them.

--Max