Re: Fedora Board Recap 2007-JAN-13

Rahul Sundaram wrote:
Jeroen van Meeuwen wrote:
Rahul Sundaram wrote:
Max Spevack wrote:
On Thu, 17 Jan 2008, Dennis Gilmore wrote:

the biggest one is that if you install it you get twm as the window manager and not a XFCE desktop environment.

Maybe we should just call it the Fedora TWM spin.  ;)

Well, if you boot it as a live cd or in USB, you will get Xfce. Post installation, it defaults to TWM which is think is a bug somewhere since /etc/sysconfig/desktop just disappears. Also /etc/X11/xinit/Xclients probably should not hard core the logic it does. I have the kickstart file at

http://sundaram.fedorapeople.org/livecd-fedora-8-xfce.ks

Any help is welcome.

I'm confused with the EOF's you're using.

It seems you want /etc/rc.d/init.d/fedora-live to have:

cat > /etc/sysconfig/desktop <<ANOTHEREOF
PREFERRED=/usr/bin/startxfce4
ANOTHEREOF

wrapped within the entire %post's cat << EOF, right?

Attached a .ks with a more distinctive clarification of the point I'm trying to make but I'm not sure it does what you want it to do.

Makes no difference unfortunately since the installed system is still missing /etc/sysconfig/desktop file entirely. Note that a similar construct is used in KDE spin and works fine there. I guess I will see if switchdesk works better.

Ok. Good news. I managed to fix the problem by moving the section right to the top of %post.

Rahul