Re: Fedora Bugzilla Instance (was dormant bugs and our perception)

On Thu, 3 Jan 2008, Sankarshan Mukhopadhyay wrote:

The problem is that sharing with Red Hat makes the Fedora part of it worse. Like when you have to scroll down past all the myriad of Red Hat stuff just to be able to file a bug against Fedora. Or when Fedora bugs get duped to bugs that are marked private, or set as Blocker/Dependent on the bug. Or when bugs get filed against Fedora, moved to RHEL, and then marked WONTFIX in RHEL, or get fixed in RHEL but not in Fedora or whatnot.

Isn't this more of a reason to fix how RHT does things and less of a
reason to fork out ? All the above are valid reasons, and having
experienced them in various quanta I do agree with them

There's a dedicated team working on bz.rh.com to fix a lot of this stuff. It might benefit us to get Dave Lawrence to keep us updated on what changes are happening in bz, and how those changes might benefit Fedora.

--g

--
Greg DeKoenigsberg
Community Development Manager