Re: dormant bugs and our perception

On Wed, 2 Jan 2008, Sankarshan Mukhopadhyay wrote:

A QA/BugTriage community or lack thereof is a situation for a large number of FOSS Projects. Which is kind of strange since it provides a relatively practical means to learn about the internals as well as earn developer respect. Perhaps projects along the line of GHOP (not that specifically, but like that) which allow putting such building blocks of knowledge as means to contribute would help. Presentations/workshops specifically don't - Rahul / mether has been doing them on and off but without much uptake

Honestly, it's pretty thankless work.

What we need is a leader. Someone who wants to step up and say "we will have Fedora bug days every Friday (or whatever) from this time to this time, and I will be in #fedora-qa doing it myself, and teaching everyone else who wants to learn."

I would do it, but, um, I'm washing my hair on Fridays.  ;)

--g

--
Greg DeKoenigsberg
Community Development Manager