Re: Fedora Board Recap 2007-JUL-31

On Fri, 03 Aug 2007 08:34:53 -0400
Stephen Smalley <sds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Is the ppc selinux problem a recurrence of the execmem denials due to
> broken compiler toolchain?  Is there a bug report on it?
> If you just dropped linux-2.6-selinux-mprotect-checks.patch from the
> Fedora kernel would it allow you to leave selinux enabled on ppc?

It's due to using wrong compiler flags for ppc32 binaries resulting in
every binary wanting execmem.  Selinux obviously denies this.  I'm not
sure if there is a bug # yet, I've asked jakub to keep me informed when
there is one so that we can track it for the mass rebuild that will be
necessary.

--
Jesse Keating