Re: fesco, fpc and epel relationships

Axel Thimm wrote:
Hi,

On Sun, Mar 18, 2007 at 03:38:25PM +0100, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
To avoid that I'd like to ask FESCo and the Board to clarify the
position of the Packaging Committee and its relation to EPEL as well as
what Packaging rules get used for EPEL.

I think setting up mandates and formal relationships between the
various groups is important. Given that currently most FPC members are
not really into RHEL, and that in the past whenever a RHEL rule was
being discussed it was (IMHO wrongly) most often simply dumped,
because "we are Fedora, not RHEL" the FPC needs to know its current
responsibilities.
Fedora is more than the operating system.

Fedora = RedHat = Ford
Fedora (OS) = RHEL = Mustang

We aren't the OS, we produce the OS.
   -Mike