Re: Dell + Linux

On Wed, 21 Feb 2007, Rex Dieter wrote:

Jesse Keating wrote:

Seriously, we really really really need a second set of trademarks/logos that would be usable by folks like Dell to be able to do 'Fedora' preinstalls with some of their customization.

The Board (OK, Greg mostly) has been virtually *begging* rh-legal to be able to do exactly that, and all such requests have been rejected so far.

The pain we've incurred trying to negotiate the dos and don'ts of the Fedora Art Project really, really, really cry out, in my opinion, for a set of community marks. But no progress on this front. I really did stamp my little foot, too.

Luis, maybe when you spend a summer in the fold, you can make a case more persuasively than I've been able to.

--g