Re: Dell + Linux

On 2/21/07, Jesse Keating <jkeating@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Wednesday 21 February 2007 09:47, Luis Villa wrote:
> Best way to make companies happy is to drive business to them. Perhaps
> fedora.org should be offering a 'pre-installed' link on par with the
> 'download' link? See for reference what http://debian.org/ does
> ('pre-installed' link in left-hand column) or
> http://www.us.debian.org/distrib/ (scroll down). I'd of course suggest
> making it prettier and more useful than the debian page, but you get
> the general drift- Fedora should drive traffic to vendors who
> distribute Fedora.

Unless we create the second logo set, I don't think we'll get very far with
pre-installation.  Most vendors will want to sweeten the user experience, and
possibly add branding.  Any of that will make it no longer Fedora, and the
vendor would be unable to make such claims under the trademark policy.
They'd have to remove all the Fedora/RH trademarked logos and such too.

To me that indicates a problem with the trademark policy, but that is
a windmill I will tilt at another day ;)

Luis