Re: move mailinglists to a new server (for example something like lists.fedoraproject.org)

> Jason L Tibbitts III (tibbs@xxxxxxxxxxx) said:
> > I think it's an excellent idea if it gives us more flexibility in how
> > we manage the lists and more speed in their creation.  If not, then
> > I'm not sure if it would be worth the trouble.
> >
> > As I understand things, list creation currently has to do through some
> > Red Hat department
>
> Yes...
>
> > and involves various marketing and branding issues
> > as well.
>
> ... and not to my knowledge.
>
> What I'd be concerned about is simply adding to the admin load, making
> sure the servers have the capacity, dealing with spam/postmaster/etc
> noise.

This is what we brought up yesterday in the infrastructure meeting.
Capacity issues, and available resources.

Mike said he would talk to rh IS folks about what sort of capacity and
mailman tweaks are required, now.

-sv