Re: why I'm using Ubuntu instead of Fedora ATM

I hear this argument a lot.  The fact is that Fedora is the 'upstream'
for many projects.  We're often the first distro to pick up a new
technology and integrate it.  Just because RHEL is one distro that
gets it after us shouldn't be counted against Fedora.

Fedora is the upstream of many projects. Some of which are considered productions systems, RHEL and OLPC, and probably others. I am guessing that these projects all maintian there own patches, and may indeed have a longer support life the Fedora. Doesn't it make sense for some of the maintainence work to be done in the upstream. I will shut up about this now though, sorry to stir the pot.