Re: why I'm using Ubuntu instead of Fedora ATM

On Wed, 3 Jan 2007, Bill Nottingham wrote:

I'm wondering if we could provide solutions for both users: One update
channel that only gets security updates and important bugfixes while the
other is a bit more bold -- we for example could have firefox2 in the
bold channel for FC6 while shipping the latest firefox 1.5.x in the more
conservative channel.

So, an idea like this:

- starts to exponentially expand the QA problem

Bill, I love you, but I'm going to have to call bullshit on this one.
The answer is not "avoid making QA harder", the answer is to SOLVE THE QA
PROBLEM.

Sure, but which of these plans make more sense:

1)

- Solve the QA problem for our repo configurations as they exist
- Expand the QA solution to new, multiple, disparate and conflicting
 repositories

2)

- Expand into new, multiple, disparate and conflicting repositories
- Then try to solve the QA problem

Honestly, before we can do multiple experimental repositories of this,
that, and the other, we need to get our *OWN* house in order.

I agree with this completely -- if, and only if, we actually make a concerted effort at fixing the QA problem.

Which means articulating the QA problem, actually.

--g