Re: FSF Requirements for srpm provisions

Jesse Keating wrote:
This has come up on fedora-devel-list. If somebody happens to spin a compose of Fedora rpms for say ia64, no modifications, no alterations, same exact binaries that were created at the same time the i386/x86_64/ppc ones were, do they have an obligation to host all the srpms again where they provide the spun release, or can they refer back to the mirror system of srpms?

GPL FAQ says that (for GPL software anyway) the source should be at the *same* location as hosted binaries.

I'd say Fedora ought to recommend the same. Not sure if we should go as far as make it mandatory.

-- Rex