Re: Metrics

On 10/7/06, Patrick W. Barnes <nman64@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
== What We're Already Missing ==

While we do have logs from the assorted websites, and probably from other
resources, we're not using that information.  We should be collecting
information from those logs for assorted metrics.  They may not be extremely
accurate ways of determining numbers of users, but it could give us valuable
insight into what our users are doing and where we'd do well to allocate more
resources.  In my opinion, that information would be more valuable than any
information about total numbers of users.

I actually do have awstats monitoring the wiki and a few other sites
(like mirrors.fp.o).  I don't have the cgi published because it seems
a vulnerability for awstats comes out every couple of hours :(  Seth
clued me into using the static pages method.  I've just been to lazy
to actually sit down and do it, expect it soon though (next couple of
days).

               -Mike