db4o and Fedora Core

Fedora Advisory Folks,

This has been on my plate for a while, and it just slipped through the cracks a bit. Dragging it back up. Please comment as needed.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2006 21:41:42 +0100
From: Paul <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: mspevack@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: db4o and Fedora Core

Hi,

I've been asked by Christof Wittig of db4objects that now db4o is in
Fedora Extras if they can make a joint announcement with Fedora Core
along the same lines as they did with the mono project people when
support for mono was added to the code base.

Could you please advise if this is the sort of thing Fedora would do?

Thanks

TTFN

Paul
Fedora Extras Mono Packager

=========

Personally, I think that if a new package is in Extras and people want to announce that a bit, it's fine with me. I'd want to see a draft and know where/how/when that announcement is happening.

But there's no harm in saying "hey, something new is in Extras". Especially if it wasn't before and it is now, people like hearing about that and hearing *why*.

Thanks,
Max