Re: Tinymail, Dates and Contacts

Jesse Keating wrote:
On Friday 11 August 2006 16:54, Rahul wrote:
With all the discussion earlier on Evolution
(http://lwn.net/Articles/179628/), one of the potential alternatives
suggestion was a combination of Tinymail+Dates+Contacts. They use the
E-D-S backend, throw away Bonobo in favor of D-Bus and is much smaller
and modular.

http://tinymail.org/

Maybe we need to look at as a potential default for future Fedora
releases beyond FC6.

Contacts is already in Extras, I need to do an SVN snapshot to get some new stability and fixes for new EDS.

I'm on the tinymail list and there isn't anything there yet that's suitable to package up, I've talked w/ the author about it.

I believe you are referring to the conversation in http://mail.gnome.org/archives/tinymail-devel-list/2006-April/msg00002.html

Its been a few months after that and the mail does indicate that we could indeed package a CVS snapshot or something atleast for extras-devel. We dont have to care about API compatibility at this stage.

Dates, I haven't looked into yet, but would be happy to package it up for Extras.

From what I heard, its not very mature yet but these three components can work with each other. So yeah, I would like to see it in extras too.

Rahul