Re: [fab] Fedora Core Updates -- "respins"

Karsten Wade wrote:

Second question comes to infrastructure, are there any hardware or bandwidth resources available to the community at large? Using our group as an example, we are a small group that is funding all of our adventures out of our own pockets. Hosting something like and updated ISO would break us and cripple our connections making bittorrent the only option.

Just in case we cannot arrange formal mirror space, I recommend that we
lean hard on Fedora contributors to share some of their own bandwidth.
I pledge at least 100 Kb of torrent upload (about a sixth of my upload
rate).

Then you an use your bandwidth to deliver the ISO via a secret URL
directly to the torrent hosts.

Idea generation: borrow from the firefox affiliate system. Points to people who deliver X kilobytes of data or X amount of bandwith. Props to folks who delivery X number of distributions (based on bandwith.)

--Chris