Re: [fab] discussion topics for red hat ceo

On Mon, 15 May 2006, Stephen John Smoogen wrote:

1) Not have the project leader of the month... as seemed to be the outside view of the project for the last ~2 years.

I hope that's not the case either. If there's someone new sitting in my chair next year, it means that I will have failed the Fedora Project and Red Hat both.

My job is to make sure that the Fedora Board does what's in the best interests of Fedora. In addition, it is expected that a fair amount of actually *doing* that stuff will fall on me.

But it's the entire Board's responsibility. And f-a-b is the first line at which we should be held accountable. All of us are accountable to the community. Some of us are also accountable to Red Hat. In my particular case, the things that Red Hat hold me accountable for and the things that the community holds me accountable for are the same thing.

--
Max Spevack
+ http://people.redhat.com/mspevack/