Re: [fab] discussion topics for red hat ceo

Robert 'Bob' Jensen wrote:
Jesse Keating wrote:

What about 'How does he feel about creating variant Fedora distributions
that use the Fedora name and logo (built from Fedora binary bits)?  And
further more, opensourcing the tools we use internally to create our
variant of Fedora?'

This is a valid question for not only the CEO but also for this board.

In the next two weeks the Fedora Unity Project is planning on releasing its first respin for FC5 + Updates. One thing we would like to know as we move forward is can it still be called Fedora? Do we have to call it something else, and just hint as to what it is? Maybe I should bring this to the board first.

For both this and the kadischi question, this relies largely on the unresolved questions surrounding the Fedora trademark and logo.

/me kicks Greg a little harder to get answers on that. =)

Warren Togami
wtogami@xxxxxxxxxx