Re: [fab] agenda for tomorrow

On Mon, 5 Jun 2006, Josh Boyer wrote:

On Mon, 2006-06-05 at 16:01 -0400, Max Spevack wrote:
Fedora Board meets tomorrow.  As usual, I'm sending the agenda to this
wider list, so that everyone can know what we're going to talk about ahead
of time, and we'll report back after the meeting.
<snip>

* Extras sponsorship
 	- Is this process smooth?  I heard some grumblings at the Summit
 	- What do we need to fix?

For those of use that weren't at the Summit, could you expand on what
these grumblings were please?

Just that people can't get their packages sponsored, and things sit for a long time without any sort of review (either acceptance or rejection).

To some extent I agree with the logic of "the best packages will always find sponsors and bubble up", but I question whether or not that process is happening as quickly as it could, and if we're failing to capitalize on the skills/motivation of people who are good, only because we don't *realize* that they are good in a reasonable amount of time.

FESCO folks on this list: are there issues here? what, if anything needs to be done?

I'm guessing we'll easily cover an hour on these topics. But we're not hanging up the phones until we've got ownership and action items on this stuff. I want to make sure we *make progress* rather than just *talk about* progress. :-)

That sounds dangerously productive ;)

It's a risk I'm willing to take!

--
Max Spevack