Re: [fab] I have a few questions for the board.

Patrick W. Barnes wrote:
On Wednesday 26 April 2006 08:47, Karsten Wade <kwade@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

The problem with this usage is that it is the exact opposite of the
usage of the two terms in project management.[1]

A program is a large, overarching project that consists of multiple
projects.  A program manager is a PM over many projects that have their
own PMs, etc.

If we use this language backwards from the way the rest of IT uses it,
we're more likely to foment confusion.

[1] I just made Jeremy's blood pressure go up a few ticks, but recall
that there are always useful things to learn from a discipline even if
you don't adhere to it.

I certainly wouldn't mind using the two terms properly, but it would require a lot of changes, since we started out calling all of our big efforts "projects". The approach is sound, we just have to decide what words to use.

don't be too hasty... following that path could ulitmately lead to renaming Fedora Project -> Fedora Program
:)

-- Rex