Re: [fab] fedora in brazil

On Thu, 2006-04-20 at 11:37 -0400, Christopher Blizzard wrote:
> I just met a couple of ambassadors down here who are manning a small
> fedora booth.  I think they were both named Rodruigez?  I'm _terrible_
> with names.

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Ambassadors/CountryList

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/CategoryAmbassadorsBrazil?highlight=%
28CategoryAmbassadors%29

Possibly Rodrigo Menezes and Rodrigo Padula.

> I guess they are going to be doing events in a number of cities around
> the country to do talks/shows.  The pointed out a few things that they
> are doing:
>
> o I walked away with an installation CD.  One CD.  It's based on Fedora,
> so they are doing that work.

Any chance they might be willing to push this work back into Fedora?

> o They are actively working on a LiveCD project.  They really want to
> have one and said they would have an alpha some time in the next month
> or so.

It is based on Kadischi?

> o They are setting up a huge mount of local infrastructure to do CD
> distribution inside of the country.  They have a form set up so you can
> request a CD and the person that's closest to you puts it in the mail.
> The local mail here is apparently slow at times.
>
> http://www.projetofedora.org/
>
> There's a lot of that here.
>
> o They seem to know Greg and Alex well.  Nice job, guys!

> o They have no idea what's going on with the board or how Fedora relates
> to Red Hat.  For example, there's rumor going around that we're dropping
> KDE completely.  Which is of course not true.  I explained some of that
> "wanting to get KDE maintained by the KDE community" but I don't think I
> was telling the right people.  Not sure if they understood all of that;
> the language barrier was large.

This is pretty much the same wherever I go.

> In any case, I didn't even know that they had a little stand set up
> here.  It's nice to see the Fedora symbol up and around.  But they
> clearly need more support if we can get them.

We already are sponsoring events and providing other help in many places
as part of the Ambassadors project.

Rahul